february

On: 2/11/2010

It is indeed. Despite the fact that I haven't posted in a while, I've not been that lazy actually.
Last weekend (January 29th-31st) I was at the Global Game Jam in Munich with a couple friends - if you're not familiar with the concept, it's about creating a video game within 48 hours.
So far so good. Our problem was, I think, that we've been a little too overambitious. We had a certain visual quality in mind and in the end, we managed to finish most of the assets, but couldn't put it together in time.
Nonetheless, it was an amazing experience. Here's what I made during that time. Everything was modeled, unwrapped and textured in less than 40 hours.



After the GGJ, I've been home sick for a week, because I caught a rather nasty cold. Today I finally felt better, and to celebrate my first day without severe headaches, I began rigging Needlefeed McPenishead. Unfortunately, rigging isn't like riding a bike, and I haven't built any rigs in quite a while, except a couple rather simple ones for cartoon characters.
So it's safe to say that I'll most likely build it again, and perhaps again, maybe even again, until it does what I want. Plus I could use the practice.
Anyway, I've thrown a basic rig together today and made a little test animation on it.



edit 2010-02-08: Still the same crappy rig, but I really wanted to try making that running animation for him, that I had in my head for a while now.



Oh, and there's also the construction shot, rendered in Marmoset:




0 comments on "february"