this is the new shit

On: 10/18/2010

Well oh my god, it has been ages since I updated this blog.
I've been crazy busy though, and much has happened in the mean time. Here's the story.

My work on Depth is complete. I've modeled, textured and rigged the three shark classes, and I tell you, that rig I've built is wicked. So far I can't show anything to the public, but I'll check with the team lead if it's possible to share a little bit of it with the world.
In the meantime, check out the website for some awesome sneak peaks of the game play.

Right after Depth, I started doing contract work for Piranha Bytes, most infamous for their incredibly awesome Gothic series.
Since they announced at this year's gamescom that they're working on the sequel to their equally awesome 2009 hit Risen, I can now safely tell that I created part of the environment models for Risen 2.
Getting this job has to have been the high point of my career, because I'm a huge fan of their work and Gothic I actually is the reason, I got into game development myself.

Last month I finished the work I was doing for Piranha Bytes, and went on to another project. This time something rather different. Hocoma AG, a swiss company specializing in robotic rehabilitation, hired me to do a graphic redesign for some of their games and deliver the assets that go along with it. I can't tell much about this job, and unless you're in therapy because of some spinal trauma, chances are that it'll be a while before you see anything of that.
I haven't worked on any serious games before, but I cherish the experience and I think my karma raised a bit, for doing something that actually helps curing people.

Now here's a special one. I just started my ninth website re-haul. That's nine in nine years. The new site will be leaner, with less content and a bit less chaotic, I hope. I'm still considering whether or not I should put in some content of my old website, or just make a clean start from scratch. Either way, the new website is online as of today, and I'd be happy if you'd stop by and have a look.



And last but not least, I finally had some spare time and managed to finish a model that was on hold for a much too long time.









0 comments on "this is the new shit"